These are the Society’s main aims:
- to publish a Journal which shall include articles in Welsh and English, contributions on current research, reports from the local Record Office and on the Society’s proceedings, and reviews of scholarly publications;
- to hold meetings to hear papers of relevance to the county and for discussion;
- to arrange field meetings at historic sites in the county or in any former neighbouring county;
- to encourage, promote and develop the establishment of local history societies within the county;
- to encourage and promote the preservation of historical records which relate to the county.
AGM at 2.00pm followed by a lecture by Miles Wynn Cato – ‘The Welsh portrait painter William Parry (1742-91) and his relationship with the Vaughans of Nannau’