Publishing a Journal is part of the aims of the Society, with articles in Welsh and English, contributions on current research, reports from the local Record Office and on the Society’s proceedings, and reviews of scholarly publications.
The Society’s first Journal, under the editorship of Sir William Ll. Davies, was published in 1949 and an edition has been published annually since. Three ‘Extra Publications’ were issued between 1952-55.
Contents of Current Issue (2022):
- Dau nodyn ar Seneddau Glyndŵr (i) Senedd Harlech (1405): (ii) Senedd-dy Owain Glyndŵr yn Nolgellau Gruffydd Aled Williams
- Unfinished businessL Early historical surveys of Merioneth in context Quentin Deakin
- Two Merioneth deaneries within the diocese of St Asaph, 1729-91 Roger L. Brown
- Thomas Pennant, Emmanuel Mendes da Costa, a ‘nod glas Mawddwy’ Ffion Mair Jones
- The Development of water supply and sewerage systems in Ffestiniog in the nineteenth century Ken Williams
- Tai unnos y Garneddwen Beryl Griffiths
- Cyfraniadau byr: ‘John Williams, Dolgellau (1740-1821)’ (Rhidian Griffiths), ‘A letter from Richard Meredyth Richards, Caerynwch (1821-1873), at Barcelona , to his sister Emily, 11 February 1857’ (Gillian Westell)
- Proceedings of the Society 2021
A collection of previous editions of the Journal are available:
1954, 1963, 1964, 1966 – 72, 1974-1992, 1994-2001, 2004-2010, 2011-2018 – £5 each
Contributions for the Journal are welcomed for consideration by the Honorary Editor. Please send as e-mail attachments to Dr Ffion Mair Jones (email@example.com) as well as hard copies in double-spacing (see inside back cover for address). References, numbered consecutively, should appear at the end of articles and kept to a minimum. Also, the format and abbreviations used in previous recent numbers of the Journal should be observed. Contributors of articles in Welsh are expected to provide brief summaries in English.