Publishing a Journal is part of the aims of the Society, with articles in Welsh and English, contributions on current research, reports from the local Record Office and on the Society’s proceedings, and reviews of scholarly publications.
The Society’s first Journal, under the editorship of Sir William Ll. Davies, was published in 1949 and an edition has been published annually since. Three ‘Extra Publications’ were issued between 1952-55.
Contents of Current Issue (2019):
- A quest for Cymer in Edeirnion and its barons, Part 1 c.1200-c.1700….Jenny A. Lees
- O’r Ganllwyd i Russell Gulch: Edward Wynne Williams, un o arloeswyr aur Colorado…..Gruffydd Aled Williams
- A boating disaster on the Mawddach estuary in 1894….Douglas G. Hope
- Community relations in south Merioneth during the Second World War….Quentin Deakin
- Neuadd Idris, Dolgellau, 7April 1956: Presenting the ‘Parliament for Wales’ petition….J. Graham Jones
- Short Contributions:
- Dolgellau and its surrounds in the early 1820s through the pages of The Cambro-Briton (Brian J. Slyfield)
- Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show on ‘Dolgelley Green’ in 1904 (Brian J. Slyfield)
- Y Felen Ryd (Geraint Vaughan Jones)
- Proceedings of the Society, 2018
A collection of previous editions of the Journal are available:
1954, 1963, 1964, 1966 – 72, 1974-1992, 1994-2001, 2004-2010, 2011-2018 – £5 each
Remember also that an index to volumes 1-10 (1949-89) of the Journal is available on CD.
Contributions for the Journal are welcomed for consideration by the Honorary Editor. Please send to him as e-mail attachments (firstname.lastname@example.org) as well as hard copies in double-spacing (see inside back cover for address). References, numbered consecutively, should appear at the end of articles and kept to a minimum. Also, the format and abbreviations used in previous recent numbers of the Journal should be observed. Contributors of articles in Welsh are expected to provide brief summaries in English.