Publishing a Journal is part of the aims of the Society, with articles in Welsh and English, contributions on current research, reports from the local Record Office and on the Society’s proceedings, and reviews of scholarly publications.
The Society’s first Journal, under the editorship of Sir William Ll. Davies, was published in 1949 and an edition has been published annually since. Three ‘Extra Publications’ were issued between 1952-55.
Contents of Current Issue (2020):
- Testun o Feirionnydd: Golwg arall ar ‘The History of Owen Glyndwr’. Gruffydd Aled Williams
- A quest for Cymer in Edeirnion and its barons. Part 2: c.1700-c.1900 . Jenny A. Lees
- Brogyntyn, Glyn Cywarch and Merioneth. Hilary A. Peters
- Merioneth wool and the Atlantic slave trade. Marian Gwyn
- E. D. Evans (1919-2019): A tribute and bibliography. A. Lloyd Hughes
- Fairbourne: A brief history (Brian J. Slyfield)
- Is-etholiad 1870 ar stad Glan-llyn, Llanuwchllyn (Beryl H. Griffiths)
- The Deeside Tramway, 1870s-1947: A Merioneth curiosity (Paul Lawton)
- James W. Roberts of Bala and the Labour Party National Conference of 1954 ( J. Graham Jones)
- A note on the ‘Merioneth Bee Boles Project’, 2012-14 (John Townsend),
- Proceedings of the Society, 2019
A collection of previous editions of the Journal are available:
1954, 1963, 1964, 1966 – 72, 1974-1992, 1994-2001, 2004-2010, 2011-2018 – £5 each
Remember also that an index to volumes 1-10 (1949-89) of the Journal is available on CD.
Contributions for the Journal are welcomed for consideration by the Honorary Editor. Please send to him as e-mail attachments (firstname.lastname@example.org) as well as hard copies in double-spacing (see inside back cover for address). References, numbered consecutively, should appear at the end of articles and kept to a minimum. Also, the format and abbreviations used in previous recent numbers of the Journal should be observed. Contributors of articles in Welsh are expected to provide brief summaries in English.