Publishing a Journal is part of the aims of the Society, with articles in Welsh and English, contributions on current research, reports from the local Record Office and on the Society’s proceedings, and reviews of scholarly publications.
The Society’s first Journal, under the editorship of Sir William Ll. Davies, was published in 1949 and an edition has been published annually since. Three ‘Extra Publications’ were issued between 1952-55.
Contents of Current Issue (2018):
- Gwilym Prys Davies, LLD (1923-2017)
- In the shadow of Moelfre: A Neolithic landscape in Ardudwy….Andrew Wolfe
- Rural Merioneth in the later sixteenth century: An overview of the 1592 Crown rental……Colin Thomas
- Rowland Vaughan (c1590-1667), Caer-gai: ‘Prydydd a chyfieithydd wyf’….Beryl H. Griffiths
- George Borrow (1803-81) and his travels in north Wales in 1854…..Brian J. Slyfield
- Two gold-mines: Gwynfynydd and the Sons of Gwalia….Alwyn Evans
- The Parliament for Wales campaign in Merioneth, 1951-56…. J.Graham Jones
- Proceedings of the Society, 2017
A collection of previous editions of the Journal are available:
1954, 1963, 1964, 1966 – 72, 1974-1992, 1994-2001, 2004-2010, 2011-2018 – £5 each
Remember also that an index to volumes 1-10 (1949-89) of the Journal is available on CD.
Contributions for the Journal are welcomed for consideration by the Honorary Editor. Please send to him as e-mail attachments (firstname.lastname@example.org) as well as hard copies in double-spacing (see inside back cover for address). References, numbered consecutively, should appear at the end of articles and kept to a minimum. Also, the format and abbreviations used in previous recent numbers of the Journal should be observed. Contributors of articles in Welsh are expected to provide brief summaries in English.