Publishing a Journal is part of the aim of the Society, with articles in Welsh and English, contributions on current research, reports from the local Record Office and on the Society’s proceedings, and reviews of scholarly publications.
The Society’s first Journal, under the editorship of Sir William Ll. Davies, was published in 1949 and an edition has been published annually since. Three ‘Extra Publications’ were issued between 1952-55.
Contents of Current Issue (2017):
- John Roberts (1576-1610) Mynach, merthyr a sant – A Lloyd Hughes
- Thomas Pennant (1726-98) and his travels through Merioneth – Brian J Slyfield
- Gŵr o gryn allu: Trem ar fywyd a chyfraniad Morgan Lloyd (1820-93) o Drawsfynydd – Gareth Huws
- Merioneth and the Incorporated Church Building Society – Neil Fairlamb
- The rise and fall of the Bala Banking Co. Ltd., 1864-77 – Peter Meurig Jones
- William H. Edwards: Merioneth’s second Labour MP, 1966-74 – J. Graham Jones
- Cyfraniadau byr/Short contributions:
- Cronicl (c.1580/5) Ifan Llwyd ap Dafydd o Nantmynach, Mallwyd – Nia Henson
- More sealed wine bottles from Merioneth – Miles K. Wynn Cato
- Early Dolgellau libraries and reading rooms – Brian J. Slyfield
- Gweithrediadau’r Gymdeithas, 2016/Proceedings for the Society 2016
A collection of previous editions of the Journal are available:
1954, 1963, 1964, 1966 – 2001, 2004-09 – £3 each
2011-16 – £5 each
Contact us to order
Remember also that an index to volumes 1-10 (1949-89) of the Journal is available on CD.
Contributions for the Journal are welcomed for consideration by the Honorary Editor. Please send hi mas e-mail attachments (firstname.lastname@example.org) as well as hard copies in double-spacing (see inside back cover for address). References, numbered consecutively, should appear at the end of articles and kept to a minimum. Also, the format and abbreviations used in previous recent numbers of the Journal should be observed. Congributors of articles in Welsh are expected to provide brief summaries in English.